100 Powerful Coaching Questions
100 Powerful Coaching Questions
Great coaches ask great questions. Mix and match from these great questions.
- What are the things you would like to make happen?
- How would you like the future to be different today?
- Why is this important to you?
- What would it give you once it’s accomplished?
- What would it free you to do? What would be different?
- How would these changes benefit those around you?
- What is preventing you from creating these changes already?
- Have you thought about the criteria for a good solution?
- What might you find challenging?
- Are these challenges within your control or influence?
- What could we work on now that would make the biggest difference to your life?
- What are you tolerating/putting up with?
- What do you want more of in your life? (list)
- What do you want less of in your life? (list)
- What are three things you’re doing regularly that don’t serve or support you?
- How could you make this goal more specific or measurable?
- What would be the biggest impact from achieving your goal(s)?
- What would you try now if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What do you really, really want?
- What’s the first/next step?
- Who could you talk to who could give light to this issue?
- Who could you be hanging out with, so that achieving this goal becomes natural? (eg who’s already doing this?)
- What are three actions you could take that would make the greatest difference this week?
- What would Tony Robbins (insert leader in this space) do in this situation?
- What would happen if you didn’t achieve this? What would it cost you?
Gaining New Insight
- What can you learn from this?
- In what way is the current situation absolutely perfect?
- How could you turn this around immediately, and enjoy the process?
- What in this situation can you find to be grateful for?
- What are you doing well? What could you do better?
- If you were your own coach, how would you coach yourself right now?
- What’s your favourite way of sabotaging yourself and your goals?
- What would you like me to do if I spot you doing this?
- 80/20 Rule – Focusing 80% of the time on the problem rather than on the solution. If you flipped it what would happen?
- What have you been focusing on?
- What are you missing while you’re focusing on that?
- If you look into the future and the problem is resolved, what does it look, feel and sound like?
Pain vs Pleasure
a) Creating more pain around staying the same:
- What is this choice costing you right now?
- What will be the consequence of this behaviour?
- What will happen if you keep going down this path?
- What is the benefit of this choice? (secondary gain)
- What has this cost you in the past?
- What will it cost you in one year? Five years? 10 year’s time?
- What are you choosing to tolerate to do that?
- What do you not experience when you do that?
- What is it costing those around you?
- What don’t you have because of this?
b) Discovering a compelling reason why:
- If you could change this and get great results, how would that be?
- How could you turn this around?
- What would be the most important reason for changing this?
- What would be the biggest bonus of doing this differently?
- What will changing this give you?
- What will you no longer be tolerating?
- What will you have instead?
- What will this allow you to do?
- What would other people notice?
- What would you start noticing within you even more?
Finding out how someone does what they do. Ask:
- How do you do that?
- Then what do you do? And then…
- How do you know it’s time to do that?
- How do you know it’s not time to do that?
- Do you ever forget?
- When did you first decide to start doing that?
- What would you want to do instead?
- For what purpose? What would that give you?
- What wouldn’t happen if you did?
- What would happen if you did?
- What wouldn’t happen if you did?
- What would happen if you didn’t?
- What is the payoff of you doing this behaviour? eg procrastinating
- Why would you keep this behaviour?
- What do you not have to put up with by running this strategy? (this behaviour)
- Everything works for us on some level, if there was something in it for you what might it be?
- What would you most like to focus on?
- What outcome would make this conversation a great success?
- What would you like to get out of our time together?
- What is it about this situation/issue that led you to choose it?
- How would you like this situation/issue to be?
- How is this situation important to you? To your purpose?
- What’s happening right now that tells you this is important to you?
- What is missing?
- What are you tolerating?
- What have you attempted to do so far to transform this situation? What results did you get? What did you learn?
- What obstacles are in your way that could prevent you from achieving this outcome? Are they real, or a perception?
- Who is on your team to help you achieve this outcome?
- Who would you like on your team to achieve this outcome?
- What are your beliefs about achieving this outcome?
- Are these beliefs capable of sustaining you as you achieve this goal? If not, what beliefs would you need to sustain you?
- Brainstorm as many ideas as you can for options about what you could do about this situation.
- What could you do if you weren’t answerable to anyone about your choices?
- What could you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What could you do if winning or losing didn’t matter?
- What could you do if the only outcome you desired right now was to learn more about yourself?
- What could someone else do in this same situation, that you could model from?
d) Way Forward
- Looking at your options, which action(s) stand out as being the actions that would bring you one step closer to your outcome?
- Is there anything you need to do before you can take these actions?
- What do you need to get these actions done? eg. Resources, information
- Who do you need to tell about your commitment? When will you tell them?
- What obstacles are in your way? What are you going to do about them?
- What evidence will you have that you have completed what you wanted to?
Hi, I’d love to share a bit about me…
I’m Cindy and I’m passionate about building connected, inspiring and authentic coaches so they can make the difference they are here to make.
The people I work with tell me I am a dynamic, transformational Coach who’s gift is to enable others’ potential.
I love to work with coaches who demand the best of themselves and are ready to create real change in the world.
I have passionately created the Power Circle® program designed to fast-track the success of every coach who takes part in the journey.
Join a Power Circle® and get connected.
The hardest part of building a business is not coming up with your big dream or mastering the art of coaching. You’ve got that covered. The hardest part of building a business is continuing to grow and move past the daily challenges that get in your way and stop you from achieving success.
You’ve come this far in your business, but what’s going to get you to the next level? Working harder is not the answer, working smarter is. Growing your coaching business is a skill-set you can learn, and we can show you how.
Running a coaching business is a team sport, not a solo one… so surround yourself with like-minded coaches committed to your success and fulfilment, and fast-track your business confidence and growth.
What is a Power Circle®?
Power Circles are intimate, facilitated mastermind groups of 6–7 coaches dedicated to growing their business capability and reach so they can make the difference they were born to make.
Your Power Circle is an inspirational and action-oriented space for coaches to bounce ideas, collaborate with like-minds – and celebrate your wins. Purposefully designed and facilitated by an experienced Master Coach to enable you to clarify your business goals and have you achieving them in a few short weeks. Surrounding yourself with brilliant coaches and accessing the creative intelligence of the collective will expand the boundaries of your vision and beliefs about what is possible in your business while having the guidance and accountability to make your vision a reality.
Coaches who join a Power Circle are self-aware and successful (or hungry to be), and come from diverse ages, backgrounds and business types. Joining a Power Circle is by application only.